20 de September de 2022
What’s new for the 2022/23 school year
A new school year begins with enthusiasm and new projects. This academic year 2022/23 we have implemented a series of new features in order to enjoy more opportunities to meet the interests and enrich the experience of our students and their families at the school.
In terms of academic novelties, the following stand out:
- Official double degree for IB. All students who complete Y12 with satisfactory results will receive the U. S. Diploma, so IB students will have a double official qualification.
- The Competence-based MYP goes up to Y9 with one group at each level from Year 6 and with significant advances in the structure and materials of the programme.
- Official language certificates: the Language Acquisition Department will prepare pupils during the school day for official language certificates.
- Specialist EdTech team: the Visual Arts and Technology Department has developed a specialist EdTech team to further boost the deployment of educational technology in the school.
- The Integrated Music Project will enable pupils to reach the level of music at the end of the MYP corresponding to the end of the professional conservatory and this year is being extended for a further year.
- In the musical field, the collaboration between the School and the Goñi y Rey Foundation will strengthen the links between the Music and Performing Arts Department and the Sinfonietta. This year marks the centenary of the Orquesta Bética de Cámara, founded by D. Manuel de Falla and with which there is a close and fruitful relationship.
- New offer of extracurricular activities. We have added two new options to our offer: “Design and 3D printing” and “Cinematographic creation”. You can consult the whole offer in the following link.
On the other hand, this school year incorporates a series of new features in the organisation of the school:
- Classroom distribution: for the MYP and Diploma Stages we are returning to the classroom distribution that we implemented before the pandemic, in which pupils will move between classrooms.
- New evening educational surveillance service. From 17:00 to 19:00 pm, an Educational Monitor will remain in the Flag Courtyard so that students can make use of the cafeteria, have a snack before their extracurricular activities or have a safe space, in addition to the Library, to interact with their classmates.
- Morning Classroom: it will start at 7:30 am and the entrance will be through Imagen St. 3 (Preschool’s door – the only entrance open at this time).
- We are resuming the student pick-up service. Two Education Wardens will be on the corner of Imagen St. and Santa Ángela de la Cruz St. from 8:00 am until 8:45 am to make it easier for your children to get to School without the inconvenience of parking. Our professionals will pick up students whose families need it and will accompany them to the entrance of the school.
- School menu: in order to improve the quality of the service, we have changed our supplier, being Ausolan our current supplier. You can consult the school menu in the following link.
We hope that you like these new features and that this school year will be especially fruitful and unforgettable for our students and their families.